Pink Flowered Polonaise

I have this really bad habit of beginning a project before I finish the one that I've already started... then when I get frustrated with one project, I can put in on hold and work on an other.
I was tired of working on my a l' anglaise, and was inspired by a possible trip to Colonial Williamsburg this fall (!!!!!), plus I had this adorable bed sheet just sitting in the craft room waiting to be turned into a dress...
enter the Flowered Polonaise!


I started with the back lining...


then the front lining...


 I pinned the back and front lining onto my dress form...


 and pinned them together...


then I put on the fabric front and back...


then added a sleeve and pleated the skirt (which is not attached yet).


The right shoulder


The skirt is attached and both sleeves are done.


Next came the fun part: Poof-ing the skirt!



I added a bum roll for extra puffy-ness!


And the front!
Now I just need to add the trim, and do a slight modification on the stomacher
(why can't I get a dress to fit perfectly the first time????),
then it should be done...I think...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I made a thing.

Colonial Williamsburg Fall 2016 Day 2