Update

Just a quick post. I've been busy busy busy trying to finish up school #homeschoollife ;)

So what have I been working on?
I started making a 18th century riding habit. I love the navy blue mens army uniforms you see in Williamsburg, so I decided to use that as my inspiration. I have the habit shirt and waistcoat almost done. The coat was quite enjoyable to make. I drafted the pattern myself which was FUN! The sleeves are posing a bit of a problem, but that's normal for me ;)


I've also started another gown based on an interesting original I found on pinterest.
The front literally closes with drawstrings, while the lining is pinned underneath. I have the back made up in the common gown style (I think I did it the right way this time thanks to some advice from the mantua makers in the Margaret Hunter shop). I wanted to add something to the sleeves...
Aren't these little cuffs adorable? 

Well that's all for now. I should have a proper post up for the riding habit with more pictures soon. 

Á bientôt!


Comments

  1. I cannot wait to see your new gown! :D It will be so beautiful! Also I might have some question as to a red colonial hooded jacket that I want to make! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow
    i can't wait to see your posts when it's finished!!
    you are so good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I made a thing.

Colonial Williamsburg Fall 2016 Day 2