The Floral à l'Anglaise

I made this dress rather quickly so as to have it done in time for our trip to Colonial Williamsburg.

I pleated the back, and added the skirts and sides:

One sleeve down:

Two sleeves down:

trying on a dress with that many pins in it is rather scary...

But I survived. After stitching it all down, I added lacing hoops, and tried it on:
I was a little worried about how visible the lacing hoops were, but the trim fixed the problem. 

Next I made the sleeve ruffles. They are rather simple - just strips of pinked fabric and scalloped lace gathered on a piece of bias tape:




I made box pleated trim from fabric that matched the petticoat and stomacher
to go around the front of the gown, and around the sleeves.





I wore this dress to the ball at the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg. 
It served me quite well and was a joy to wear.






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I made a thing.

Colonial Williamsburg Fall 2016 Day 2