I've lost my mind

Yes, I have lost my mind. I'm suffering from post-homeschool ball
I-want-to-make-everything-18th-century-syndrome. (Quite a common ailment with me, really.)
Last Saturday I started on a robe a l'anglaise , but realized very quickly that I would need a dress form to fit it properly, and a better fitting pair of stays. Wait- did I really say that- a new pair of stays???? Yes I have said many times that I never wanted to make another pair of stays, but here I am cutting out the pieces for another pair! (See? I told you I've lost my mind.)
Below are some pictures of what I have done so far on the robe a l'anglaise:





On top of the sewing side of things, I've started dancing around the house with my imaginary dance partner, George (he's really good to :), and my wonderful mother bought me a 40 minute video about Baroque Social Dance, so all this afternoon I've been trying to learn a minute written in 1732. 
I'll let you know how the stays turn out... more pictures later... little sister is pestering me to play the piano with her :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I made a thing.

Colonial Williamsburg Fall 2016 Day 2