Colonial Williamsburg Fall 2016 Day 1

Official day 1
We went to the Cabinet Maker's and I played the harpsichord, then we went to the Raleigh Tavern for Handle, Bach and Who. Guess what? They let us play the harpsichord in the Tavern!! 



 Waiting for lunch outside the King's Arms Tavern

 The Midday Bill of Fare

And a dish of beefy deliciousness



 Because the upstairs just makes such a great place for pictures 


 and goofyness :)


 Kristi (who is an AMAZING cellist) got to play a viola de gamba (which was the "lady's cello" of the 18th century)

Then we took pictures behind the post office




Remember our friend Clare we met last time? We waited for the Fife and Drum core to appear on to the street to surprise Clare. 
Don't you love Kristi's gown?!

When she walked out I waved to her. She did a double take, realized who we were then she 
flipped out!
I have never had someone so happy to see us! After attack hugs, we took this blurry picture <3 p="">


You can see her still happy after the core assembled

 I'm never happier than when I'm following these talented musicians down DoG street
 <3 p="">



 I have to say we got a lot of attention for our "reunion" (attack hugs, and squeals included). The rest of the core was wondering who on earth we were, and an interpreter even commented about it the next day! :)
I wore my jacket, and it served me quite well! I love the range of motion I have when I wear it!
Kristi wore a hastily made (I'm talking about 5 days) faux polonaise with lots of ruched trim.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I made a thing.

Colonial Williamsburg Fall 2016 Day 2